Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Gratitude Challenge

This is the week of one of my favorite holidays!

I love to celebrate so I actually like all holidays to some extent.

However, this one is awesome celebrating traditions born in our country rich in history, setting aside time to be with family , friends and say thank you for all that we have.  I think of the original meal shared by diverse people of vastly different culture and belief. One can imagine language and customs that were very different coming together despite differences to share a meal and appreciate the bounty of harvest and new beginnings.

I am sharing today a worksheet I did with my Women Wine and Wisdom Group recently about gratitude. It has some things for you to consider as well as a challenge.
I would love to hear back form you.

 

As for me I am grateful for;

A healthy strong body and mind

3 healthy happy children each making me so proud as they pursue their greatness and passion all making a positive imapct in hte world.

Open honest clients who do me the honor of sharing a bit of themselves and their lives with me with such trust and grace

Wonderful friends that accept and love me as I am and share so much of themselves with me.

Creative business partners and connections that help me grow and develop

Patient, kind and generous coworkers who put up with me day after day

Music and sunshine, art and literature all which reminds me moment to moment of the beauty both around us and within us.

Have a wonderful holiday!

An attitude of gratitude is powerful.


But it requires a choice and some discipline.


At times we can easily become overwhelmed with challenges or just comfortable and complacent; taking things for granted.


 

Catalog a list of things in your life that you are thankful for.

Start with the obvious and large and round it out with the small things you may take for granted.

Go a step further to list the positive things you can be thankful for that are a product of difficulties or things you do not like. For instance a woman that may dislike her figure can also be thankful for a strong body that allows her to enjoy the world.

When we really look at things anew we discover the blessings in the burdens and trials or if not we can at least be thankful things are not worse.

 

Write this list out and use it this week. Read, reflect, revise.

It is powerful to be grateful in fact, it is impossible to be negative and truly grateful at the same time.

Use genuine gratitude to balance stress and unhappiness effectively. It is a natural mood booster!

 

how to have an attitude of gratitude


 

 

 

 

2 comments:

  1. Here's my list:

    I'm grateful for being given the opportunity to live the life I have lived.
    To have helped raise an incredible son who is turning out to be a person of substance guided by a strong sense of morality.
    To have so many smart and generous people in my professional and personal life.
    To have enjoyed good physical and mental health.
    To have worked in a profession that I am passionate about so every day feels like a new adventure.
    To have had the opportunity to travel and experience other cultures and peoples.
    And most of all, to my friends, mentors, teachers, gurus and spiritual guides who have helped me to become the person I am and the person I hope to be.

    Thanks for reminding me to be grateful for all of the gifts that life has bestowed on me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you or responding Jim.
    You are a fortunate man not only because of what has been bestowed upon you but what you have done with it and how you value and appreciate it...that makes all the difference!

    ReplyDelete