Sunday, November 10, 2013

Retreat

iStock_000017937187SmallI had the privilege this weekend to facilitate a Women's Renewal Retreat as many of you know.

I have facilitated many events the past couple years but this was a bit different.

We stayed in the Homestead BNB which I am increasingly convinced is a magical place not only because each time I am there I find it serenely peaceful and relaxing but every event I have had there draws in the most amazing participants that seem to all fit together as if they are dear old friends. People just connect well in this space. Business groups and personal growth groups I have hosted here take on more intimate, nurturing aspects than you normally see with amazing speed.

It is a special place and such a gift to work with the owner, now good friend MaryKay. We have a partnership that just works, is fun and natural.

I also partnered with my daughter Rachel on the retreat which offers such a rare and wonderful opportunity to be inspired and proud at the same time. Wow! Hard to describe that...it truly was a magical weekend on so many levels.

It takes some courage to break away from normal routines, give up a whole precious weekend not fully knowing what to expect.

It takes some courage to share your thoughts and dreams, play full out, try new things, be open to new people, ideas, foods and experiences.

The group we had did all of that and more embracing all that we offered and each other to a level I could not have anticipated and am forever grateful to have been a part of. Thank you!

For me this is what it is all about, connecting people more fully to themselves and to each other so they can have more full and rich experiences and more satisfying, successful and happy lives.

Can't wait for the next one!

 

 

1 comment: